Saturday 15 February 2014

Festival Dialogues

Often during a Festival, you can speak to any Character to initiate a long dialogue that may involve multiple individuals.

For example, in the plaza on the morning of the Firefly Festival, the dialogue underlines the rivalry between Doug and Dylas:

Kiel:  I can't wait until this evening!  Right, Freya?

Vishnal:  I wonder where the fireflies are hiding.  I wonder why fireflies glow.
Kiel:  The book I read said it's to protect themselves from predators.
Arthur:  it's also to attract a mate.
Doug:  So they do it because they wanna stand out, then?
Dylas:  Just like some empty-headed shimps I could name.
Doug:  Strange, I don't know any of those, 'Mr. Horsie'.
Dylas:  What did you just say?!!
Doug:  Bring it, gelding!  I'm ready!
Leon:  A gentle glow to call a mate, eh?  That has a touch of romance to it.  Perhaps I should glow a little.
Kiel:  Ooh!  You can glow, Leon?
Leon:  Of course.  Would you like me to show you how?
Kiel:  Yeah!
Doug:  Uh, guys?  Leon is messing with Kiel again.

At night:

Illuminata:  It's so romantic.  Looking at all the pretty fireflies is a good way to save a few bucks on a romantic date.

Xiao Pai:  Hi, Freya!  Have you seen the fireflies yet?  of course you have!  It seems they are everywhere.

Kiel:  Wow, the fireflies are so beautiful!  Have you seen them already?

Dylas:  Watching fireflies, eh?  It's not that bad if you're with some one.

Vishnal:  My!  I'm not sure which firefly to begin watching first.  Urf... I think i'm getting dizzy.

Doug:  Finally, I can go home.  Wow!  That's pretty cool!

Margaret:  Oh, my goodness.  They're so beautiful!  Words... failing... should've sent... a poet...

Leon:  It's pretty late.  Guess my time to torment you is up for the day.
Freya:  Oh... d-darn...?
Leon:  Today is the day when the fireflies gather.  I may come take a look, if I feel like it.

Freya:  Good evening.  The fireflies are beautiful tonight, aren't they?
Arthur:  When I see them from my window though, I find myself feeling oddly alone.  What calming scenery.  My work for the day is done, so this makes for a lovely break.

Volkanon;  Ho ho ho.  I am reminded just how beautiful fireflies are every time I see them.  Truly, they are lovely beyond words.  Why, if I were 40 years younger, I would ask a pretty young lady to join me in viewing them!  Miss Freya, you are still young.  Be bold!  Take life by the horns...

Sadly, the bachelors were at 5 and not 6 so could not ask any one to view this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment