Saturday 7 March 2020

Events of Spring, 1st Year

22 Spring:  As I have not received the Switch game yet, I am continuing in a desultory fashion with the 3DS version.

I once was an obsessive player who had to win ALL the festivals in the first year, but now I wonder if it really matters.  I reloaded a number of times for the Wooly Defluffing Festival.  When I won, I got more items, but when I took the time to collect the items dropped by the Wooly, I did better in terms of monetary and other value.  So ultimately I saved the best result, where I came in second, instead of first, but got a backpack filled with all three sizes of Fur and the Wooly Furballs.  They are quite valuable.

Barrel of Fun Event initiated by speaking to Porcoline outside the Crop Shop.
Participants:  Porcoline, Margaret, Vishnal, Kiel, Arthur, Forte, Xiao Pai

Was told today that tomorrow is Illuminata's birthday.  I recall she likes flowers and sweets.  Will try to give her a Toy Herb.

Porcoline told me to deliver a message to Vishnal passionately that he had a bucket for him.

Meanwhile, I have all the Cooking Tools, apart from the Oven.  I have a Forge, Crafting Station, Chemistry Set... all I lack is the Oven.  My room is very cramped. now.  You could not swing the proverbial cat here.

Polished off the Water Ruins a couple of days ago.  The problem is that I do not know how I lost a day... possibly fell asleep in reality while the game went on, and saved without realising it.  So I lost a day and went out to find everything slightly different from what I had seen the last time I went to my field.  It does not really signify I suppose.  This is the old game, still waiting for the Switch version.

I keep forgetting that time passes even in your room... very vexing.

Had to go to the Clinic to be told by Nancy that my 'monster man' woke up.  He is quite rude.  I love his hair, but never liked his eyebrows.  Now he simply walked out, leaving us bemused and hurt.

Porcoline then showed up and Dylas was back for a dialogue with him to offer a room at his palace.  Despite his hauteur, he will be a lowly waiter.

Midsummer:  Not a festival.  The closest I suppose is the Firefly Festival.  You have to be dating a bachelor or eligible girl, having at least 7 hearts, to even get the option.  I was at six.  One of the nicer changes was that I knew I could keep Doug in the village if I raised his heart level before the conflict in Yokmir Forest... So I held back until I had him at four or five before I 'found' the Chipsqueek in its final location in the clearing.  He never left, and I was able to place the Rune Stone at Obsidian Mansion without losing him.  He told me he was muddled but would trust me.  Now every one is off to find out how to get past the giant Gate so I can rescue Leon.

Metals really are the key to better tools, weapons and equipment.

With the Lava, you get access to Silver.  If you have the gem merchant, you can buy as much as you wish after shipping one.

Among others:

Chaos Shield:
  Lv. 25
  Ingredients:  Silver, Pretty Carapace
  DEF +40, M. DEF. +38
  Psn Res 80%, Seal Res 80%, Par Res 80%

This is a very useful piece of equipment, especially when you fight the Rafflesia who can load you down with status ailments, even when you are ultimately victorious!

You can run to the Clinic to be cured of all of them.  Having a bath will not do the trick.

Bring your Psn Res to 95% with a simple Insect Carapace, and bring Seal Res to 100% with a Ghost Hood.

With Silver, you can improve all of your Farm Tools, going to the next level.  I still love the Invisiblade from almost the very start of your forging ability, but you will have other options as well with Silver.

Silver Hammer:
  Ingredients:  Silver, Wood

Lion Waterpot:
  Ingredients:  Silver, Cloths and Skins

I am afraid I do not much like weapons apart from the Shortsword.  I like having a shield, and it really makes matters so much easier throughout the game, especially when you are able to forge a Chaos Shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment